Some people feel they are in the wrong job but have difficulty defining what the problem is specifically, they just know it is not’ right’.
Typical signs are:
- Wishing Monday was Saturday!
- You react more and plan less, often feeling as if you are on automatic pilot.
- You have become sensitive to criticism, even when it is constructive.
- You perform the tasks but your heart is not in to generating fresh ideas for your company or your team.
- You feel undervalued.
- You aren’t really interested in the company but you must earn to pay your bills
- You don’t feel that you can be the natural ‘You’.
If you do feel this way, then how do you know what is the right job for you?
- When you are excited and looking forward to the work day ahead
- When you can see a long term future, not necessarily with the same company but in your career choice
- When you feel it will give you opportunities to develop and grow.
- When you are earning enough to meet, or exceed, your needs.
- When you feel confident in different situations at work.
- When you are relaxed and letting your personality shine through.
- When you can focus easily and be totally absorbed in what you are doing.
- When you can say – “I love what I do!”